** Before we start the two-way replication, please ensure both files need to have the same resource data**
- Open Syncovery program >> click + (Add) button to create a new profile.
- Give a name for the profile >> Select 1st files server path on left hand side >>Select 2nd files server path on right hand side >> Copying directions must tick “left to right” and “right to left”.
- Choose Smart Tracking on sync operation mode >> click Configure.
- Window will prompt out smart tracking option once you click configure button >> On Moved files section, select “Fully Automatic” as below screenshot.
- Next, go to Deleted Files section, select “Move into folder for deleted files” so that you can recover your files if accidently deleted by syncovery. Create a folder on both files server for purpose to store deleted files >>> Click OK when done.
- Go to Advanced settings >> Monitoring / Real-Time Sync >> Tick Real Time Syncronization… >>> Window will prompt out real time settings >>> Click OK to leave all the setting as default >>> Click OK again.
- Go to Files section >> Choose Adjust Automatic on detect moved files and renames folders
- Then, go to deletions tab >> Use Recycle Bin for >> Tick Overwritten Files & Deleted Files >> Tick Move Deleted Files Into A Specified Folder >> Choose both files server storing deleted files, refer back to step number 5.
- Go to More tab >> Tick Use Window API Copying Function >> Click OK
- On Safety section >> Attended Mode >> Warning in Attended Mode >> Tick Warn if moving files (Deleting from source). This option can prevent source files automatic deleted without notify users.Then, on other warnings option >> tick Warn before overwriting newer files with older ones.
- Next, go to unattended Mode >> Tick all the options as below >> Choose 100% on files deletion allowed option.
- Go special section >> Special Features >> Tick Process Security And Shares… (This can replicate ntfs security and share permission between both files servers)
- Once you tick Process Security And Shares… window will prompt security options >> tick all the permission as below screenshot.
- That all the setting need to pay attention when configuring two way files synchronization, the others setting just leave as default.
- Finally, go to scheduler tab on upper option >> Click start scheduler to run real time monitoring on both files server.
For Best Valued IT Solutions, Contact US to get a FREE consultation.