This Post is on modifying the reusable ‘Approval Workflow’ with ‘open this task’ hyperlink
1. Make a copy of the Globally Reusable Approval Workflow to edit in SharePoint Designer
2. Open the ‘Approval Workflow’ and at the bottom left corner under the ‘Customization’ click on ‘Edit Workflow’
3. In the Editor of the Workflow, select Start ‘Approval Workflow Task (en-US)’
4. Under the ‘Customization’ select the option ‘change the behavior of a single task’
5. Under ‘When a Task is Pending’, in the condition for if ‘Current Task:External Participant is empty’ click on the the email notification to ‘Current Task:Assigned To’
6. The ‘Define E-mail Message’ window will appear as shown below
7. Highlight the ‘Open This Task’ in the body of the E-mail, and click on the hyperlink logo logo.JPGnext to the font colour.
8. ‘Edit hyperlink’ window will open up as shown below
9. Click on the function (‘fx’) icon next to the address field
10. Insert the Lookup value in the Lookup for String window.
Select the following data for the fields:
Data Source : ‘Current Task : Approval Workflow Task
Field from source : Form_URN
11. Click all the ‘OK’ and the Open This Task will now be a hyperlink
12. Save the Workflow and don’t forget to Publish the workflow to view the changes made.